To unlock your Windows PC remotely using a fingerprint scanner on your Android device, you can use the "Remote Fingerprint Unlock" app. Follow these steps to set it up:
- Download and install the "Remote Fingerprint Unlock" app from the Google Play Store.
- Download and install the latest "Windows Fingerprint Credential Module" for your Windows PC.
- Ensure that both your Windows PC and Android device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If prompted, click "Yes" to allow the module to automatically create the necessary TCP/UDP rules for communication between the two modules. If you're using a firewall other than Windows Firewall, you may need to create TCP/UDP rules to allow the modules to communicate.
- Open the Android app and go to the "Scan" section.
- Lock your Windows PC, and you should see a new user called "Fingerprint Unlock".
- Open "Remote Fingerprint Unlock" on your phone and go to the "Unlock" section.
- Scan your fingerprint, and your Windows PC should automatically unlock if you followed these steps correctly.
Please note that this method might not be as secure as using a traditional password, and the safety of the app cannot be guaranteed since it is not open source. Always keep your devices updated and follow best practices for cybersecurity to minimize potential risks.